Amsterdam, March 2021...
Despite the ongoing world-wide pandemic and travel restrictions, The Dutchman remains at your disposal. We keep a close watch on the developments and have put protocols in place to provide our guests a safer, secured and healthier environment for their visit to The Netherlands and Belgium.
Even though many travel restrictions within the EU have been lifted, the measures and restrictions may change on a daily basis. For up to date information, we recommend to consult the websites of the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the environment and the Covid 19 website of the Belgium government.
The Dutchman is in regular contact with our hotel and transportation partners, who are all implementing exemplary safety and hygiene measures for the well-being of travelers as well as staff in accordance to the National health and safety regulations.
Protocols are in place for all our services to assure the best care-free and safest experience once travel resumes. We have adopted to using larger vehicles, all drivers obviously wear protective face masks and gloves and all vehicles are being sanitized after each use. Our guides will maintain distance as much as possible and head gears and audio guides for privately guided tours. Advance and prepaid reservations will be made for all visits to museums and attractions and all information and vouchers will be provided digitally.
Each traveler will receive their personal health and safely package to include hand sanitizers and a face masks (Wearing a protective face mask is only mandatory in public transportation in the Netherlands, in Belgium wearing protective face masks is compulsory in public transportation, places of worship, in stores, shopping malls, markets and fairs, restaurants and bars when moving around and cinemas and theatres and public buildings.
Observing a minimum social distancing of 1.5 - 2 meters and waiting outside shops or restaurants to be allowed in, has become the norm and is partially enforced by having been made compulsory. People are also asked to disinfect their hands at touchless hand sanitizer dispensers wherever available, to refrain from shaking hands, to turn away from others when coughing or sneezing - and washing their hands afterwards.
The following protocols have been put in place to provide our guests with a safer and healthier environment for their visit to The Netherlands and Belgium.
Transfers and Car Services
- Use of larger vehicles than sedans for parties of more than 2 pax.
- Hand sanitizer available for guests.
- Driver will wear a mask. Also gloves when handling luggage.
- Vehicles will be sanitized between services and daily.
- Vehicles will exhibit all COVID sanctioned sanitation protocols.
- It is recommended guests bring their own masks.
- Use of headsets for groups of 4 pax or more to allow for social distancing between guide and travelers. Subject to each country’s museum, monument and attractions rules, this may be required for any size groups. We recommend guests bring their own headphones for sanitation purposes.
- Guides will practice social distancing at all times. They will use PPE equipment as per each country’s regulations.
- Masks may be required to enter monuments, museums and attractions as per each country’s regulations. We recommend guests bring their own masks although some will be available free from our suppliers.
- We will prioritize times when monuments and museums are less crowded. We expect all of these to be operating with limited occupancy.
- We will guide our travel advisors to less crowded experiences.
- Larger coaches with limited occupancy will be used to create social distancing.
- Headsets will always be used to ensure social distancing between guests and between guests and guides. We recommend guests bring their own headphones for sanitation purposes.
- Masks maybe required to enter monuments, museums and attractions as per each country’s regulations. We recommend guests bring their own masks although some will be available free from our suppliers.
- We will work only with suppliers that have committed to new standards of sanitation such as limited capacity, surface cleaning between groups, social distancing, and the use of PPE equipment as needed or required by health standards in each country.
- We will guide the travel advisors in selecting properties that have either been certified to new public health measures, in those countries that provide them, or those we as On-Locations, know are following strict rules to ensure the safety and health of our guests.
- Travelers can expect that common areas may be limited and that buffet service most likely will not be available.
Credit Card Fees
- On-Location partners will not charge credit card processing fees.
- Documents will include detailed COVID-19 procedures information and what to expect at the different activities / stops in their itinerary.
- All documents will be provided digitally and e-tickets will be used for your visits.
- We strongly recommend that travel advisors talk to their clients about cancel anytime / cancel for any reason insurance policies and travel medical insurance.
- As your local partner we are happy to help our travel advisor partners navigate the constant flow of news and point them to official news and regulations for our countries.